Dear fans, I have some exciting news to report. I was recently nominated by the wildly talented Amaia Arana for the Liebster Award, which is apparently equivalent to the Academy Awards for bloggers.
Here’s the rules to follow when receiving this award:
1. Reveal 11 interesting facts about yourself.
2. Answer the questions designated by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate other new bloggers for the Liebster Award.
4. Give your nominees a list of questions they have to answer.
The top 11 interesting facts about me are…
1. I was born in Germany.
2. I wanted to be a ninja when I was a kid. (Actually, I still want to be one.)
3. I’m afraid of heights and Asian women.
4. I love to transform my bedroom into a dance club.
5. Singapore is the sixth city I’ve lived in.
6. All of my friends are smarter or more talented than me.
7. My favorite TV shows are It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Spartacus and the Wire.
8. My favorite food is pizza.
9. I’ve completed a marathon (on the Great Wall).
10. I’m a master with chopsticks. (Think Mr. Miyagi from the Karate Kid.)
11. My goal is to visit every continent and the 7 Wonders of the World.
My questions from Amaia Arana:
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I wanted to share my adventures with friends and family (and any other admirers)
2. What do you like the most about blogging?
I enjoy blogging because it allows me to provide people with a glimpse into the weird and wacky world in which I live.
3. What other blogs do you read?
4. What is the latest book you have read?
“How to Win Friends and Influence People”, which in my humble opinion is the greatest book written in modern history.
5. What do you think about this Liebster Award?
I love the idea of an award for bloggers, by bloggers. I’m honored that my humble little blog was nominated.
6. What is your favorite place in Singapore?
My apartment. With the hustle and bustle of Singapore, it’s nice to come back to a (relatively) quiet place to unwind. Outside of my apartment, I’d have to say Macritchie Park because it offers an escape from the concrete jungle. (Can you tell that I’m a country boy?)
7. What is the place you love the most in the world?
Hands down, Tibet. It is one of the truly breathtaking and pristine places left in this world (at least it was four years ago).
8. What is the most surprising food you have ever tasted?
While in Asia, I’ve tried my fair share of bizarre foods, ranging from chicken hearts to fish eyeballs, but the most surprising food I’ve tasted is frog, which I hear is a delicacy in some countries.
9. What will be your next trip destination?
I’m heading to Taiwan in a couple weeks for Chinese New Year.
10. How would you describe yourself?
The biggest underachieving overachiever.
And my nominations for the Liebster Award are…*cue drum roll*
My questions to the nominees:
1. If you could go to either outer space or Antartica, which would you go to and why?
2. What was your greatest feeling of accomplishment as a blogger?
3. How would you describe The Joe Show?
4. Which celebrity do people tell you you look most like?
5. What is your most popular blog post?
6. How do you get inspiration for your blog topics?
7. What is your favorite travel destination?
8. What is the weirdest food you have ever eaten?
9. If you had to be on a deserted island with either Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus or Kim Kardashian, who would you choose and why?
10. What tips would you give to new bloggers?
Congratulations to the nominees! Can’t wait to read your responses.